Publications on algae
- Seaweeds of the British Isles. Volume 1 Part 3a (Rhodophyta, Ceramiales), Volume 1 Part 1 (Bangiophyceae), Volume 2 (Chlorophyta), Volume 4 (Tribophyceae (Xanthophyceae) are available for on line purchase from Natural History Bookshops, from Intercept Ltd., and from Koeltz Scientific Booksellers. All other parts are currently out of print. Some of these may be found on the second-hand market but beware of companies offering to "print" copies. There are generally of very poor quality.
- The Freshwater Algal Flora of the British Isles. A second edition has been published.
- A Check-list and Atlas of the Seaweeds of Britain and Ireland. Ed. 2
- Green Seaweeds of Britain and Ireland (replacing Volume 2 of Seaweeds of the British Isles) is available from Summerfield Books (+44 1768 484 909).
- Seasearch Guide to Seaweeds of Britain and Ireland. Also available from Summerfield Books (+44 1768 484 909).
- Seaweeds. A colour guide to common benthic green, brown and red algae of the world's oceans